Friday 5 January 2018

ME



I am a shallow poet, they say.

People are dying
Of hunger. Of war. Of disease and despair.
And of those who just don't care
And all I write of is love!

Guilty as charged.

I can write
About poverty and death
And greed and tears
About lies and hypocrisy
And deceit and fears
But will this heal the world?
Cure it of what ails?
It won’t.
We all see this, already.
But do we stop to change?
It’s always someone else's circus.
We cry hoarse, but stand motionless.
Strange!

So I write....of love, and hopes and dreams
I write of a truth we all want to breathe.
I write to build each one suffering
Strong and proud
So they can be the change they need
Shake off the sad darkness’ shroud

Yes! I write of love
Unashamedly. Unrestrictedly. Without a doubt.
For love is all there is to give
And love is all there is to live
Isn’t it love that makes the world go round?
Yes. It does!
In love I did transcend this life
And then in love, I forever drowned.


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment